Protecting Your Privacy
- We don’t use any kind of commercial ads (banner ads, pop-ups, etc).
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies")
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Your account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
Data We Collect and Store
- We collect and store students’ and teachers’ email addresses in order to communicate with them regarding HaitiHub activities only.
- We collect and store students’ and teachers’ Skype names in order to hold conversation classes on Skype.
- We collect and store students’ and teachers’ basic information (city, involvement in Haiti, affiliated organizations) for posting on the HaitiHub map.
- All email addresses, Skype names, and basic information in the HaitiHub databases have been provided knowingly and voluntarily by the individuals themselves.
- All HaitiHub Teachers must sign a privacy agreement before they can teach any classes.
- This agreement states that it is against HaitiHub’s policies to share student information of any kind with any person or entity, private or commercial, outside of HaitiHub Administrators.
- It is against HaitiHub policies to use student information of any kind for purposes other than HaitiHub activities that directly advance its mission.
- HaitiHub will immediately end its relationship with any HaitiHub teacher found in violation of his/her signed privacy agreement.
- If you, as a HaitiHub student, feel that your information has been shared outside of HaitiHub or otherwise misused, please contact the HaitiHub Administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ Last updated Aug 28, 2010 ~